Introduction

At the beginning of 2011, I took up watchmaking/repairing as a hobby not only to make some money towards my very first watch, but to better understand the inner workings of these mechanical wonders. Taking up watchmaking was truly when my passion for watches began. I've come to appreciate the incredible finishes of haute horlogerie along with the numerous complications that the world of horology has to offer because I began to realize the sheer amount of time that goes into each and every hand-made timepiece.

I decided to create this blog to share my passion with my fellow horology enthusiasts and to document the projects that I will undertake on the path to my very first watch.

Thanks for taking a visit and I hope you enjoy what I've done!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

After Nine Grueling Months of Waiting...

The double-sided calendar moon phase pocket watch is fully finished! Although the wait was incredibly long (which included at least twenty calls and tens of emails), I could not be happier with the result. As usual, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

If anyone is interested in dial refinishing, International Dial Co. does a great job - just be prepared to wait











3 comments:

  1. Hi could u tell me more about this watch because I have one very similar much appreciated

    Regards kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyle,

    I don't have that much more information on this watch, but I do know that they were much more common in gun metal cases. This particular watch was manufactured by Brevet, but other companies manufactured these watches too. What sort of information were you looking for? Maybe I could help you better if you had a specific question regarding the watch you have.

    Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete